now browsing by month
Rug Cleaning Blacktown
What is a Rug by Rug Cleaning Blacktown ?
Put simply a rug is carpet(with a pile-upper segment attached to a backing) that does not go from wall to wall.It is loose on the floor and can be moved to any location.Rugs can come in many shapes and sizes and made from many different materials.Generally speaking they are either Natural or Synthetic.
Examples of natural rugs are wool,cotton,sisal ,jute or bamboo.
Examples of Synthetic rugs are rayon,nylon,polypropylene or acrylic.
For more descriptions of the individual types of rugs go to the following link: http://therugstore.webs.com/rugmaterial.html
How to Choose a Rug-by Rug Cleaning Blacktown
- The fit or scale- a rug needs to fit in with the deco of the rest of your home.A small rug in front of a large sofa will not look appealing.
- Zones-A rug can be used to separate areas of the home.This is effective in large open plan living spaces .
- Size- There a basically 2 methods when choosing size of the rug. The contemporary look is where you buy an over sized rug and place all items of furniture on it.The other option is the traditional one where you place sofas around the rug and coffee table on top.
- Style-Are you buying the rug for visual purposes only or durability . You need to know how much traffic will be going through the rugged area.Do you have children or pets? Does the rug get much sun? These are some simple questions that need to be answered before making the decision on style .
- Material- what is the preferred material natural or synthetic and why?
- Inspect the rug .
- Pre-vacuum the rug if required removing all debris and loose particles.
- Pre-Spray the rug using an environmentally friendly cleaning solution.
- Agitate the dirt and cleaning solution loosening deep dirt .
- Rinsing of the rug with hot water and a rinsing agent.
- Vacuuming all the dirt and water waste into powerful carpet cleaning machine.
- Deodorizing the carpet if required
- Applying Protection(optional) to help fight future soiling.
Lounge Cleaning Blacktown by Carpet Cleaning Blacktown, for all your lounge and sofa cleaning requirements.
Lounge Cleaning Blacktown -The Process
Getting your lounges cleaned is best left to the professionals. There are many different types of fabrics used on lounges from micro fibre to silk.It is best to let a trained person who is familiar with the different requirements necessary for differing fabrics.We at Carpet Cleaning Blacktown firmly believe in the steam cleaning method for lounge and upholstery cleaning.
The steam and heat sanitizes the fabric and rids it off all the deep dirt particles.
- .Inspect the the lounge and identify what is the best method to use.
- Pre vacuum the lounge if necessary to remove all loose dirt and debris.
- Pre spray the lounge with an environmentally friendly cleaning solution breaking down dirt embedded in the lounge.
- Agitate the dirt and pre spray using a special brush to loosen the dirt.
- Steam clean and rinse the dirt vacuuming the waste which is stored in the powerful carpet cleaning machine
- Use a rinsing agent to neutralize all the cleaning solution leaving the lounge fresh and clean with no dirt of residue.
- Deodorise the lounge with a anti bacterial odour killing solution
- Apply fabric protector(optional) to promote an extra barrier against those nasty spills.
- Final inspection
Lounge Cleaning Blacktown- Some Tips for DIY
Cleaning a Microfibre Lounge
A microfibre lounge can be cleaned usually with warm soapy water. Handy Hint – Baby Wipes can be used to get rid of many stains!
Cleaning a Suede Lounge
When cleaning a suede lounge DO NOT use soapy water as it will shrink, possibly stain and ruin the suede. Steam Cleaners can be used – Probably best to leave these up to the professionals.
Cleaning a Leather lounge
General Rules – Use warm soapy water with a gentle soap. Do not use anything which contains alcohol as it will strip away the moisture from the upholstery and cause it to deteriorate and start cracking.
How to Clean a Vinyl Lounge
As most vinyl lounges are usually quite cheap, the upholstery used can be quite flimsy. Never ever (an I cannot state this enough) use any household cleaners as these will make the surface fall apart in no time. One part vinegar to two parts water in a spray bottle is often quite useful to clean a Vinyl lounge.